PSCP training opportunities for Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) and their deputies
The DSL role has two elements:
- Child Level safeguarding – identifying needs and making decisions for children’s welfare and safety. Knowing Portsmouth practices and processes, including effective knowledge of the Portsmouth Thresholds is essential for making child level decisions.
- Safeguarding Leadership – driving safeguarding practice and embedding a safeguarding culture in your school.
For those new to the DSL or deputy role it is advisable to undertake training which supports the ability to understand and act accordingly to child level safeguarding concerns, PSCP offer 2 training courses to support this:
- Early Help full day training
- Child Protection full day training
To book please visit the PSCP training website
Once these courses are completed, the PSCP offers a range of Masterclasses for DSLs and their deputies to embed further good and effective safeguarding leadership knowledge and skills. The Masterclasses cover a range of topics to support DSLs to drive safeguarding practice and embed a safeguarding culture in school.
For those DSLs who need to ‘refresh’ safeguarding training please select a range of Masterclasses according to your own identified strengths and development areas.
The masterclasses currently available are:
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Safeguarding Children – the national & local picture
- Effective Safeguarding Conversations
- Managing Allegations – the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Exploitation – consider your language and avoid victim blaming
- Exploitation – assessing risk and sharing intelligence, using the CERAF & CPI
- Exploitation – preventing online child sexual exploitation
- Children who go missing from home or care
To book you place on these please visit the PSCP Training website here
In addition we currently offer 4 pre-recorded DSL Masterclasses:
- Contacting MASH – getting the right help for children & their families
- Safeguarding Decision Making – Portsmouth Thresholds
- Escalation & Re-think – having the right conversation with the right person at the right time
- Developing a Safeguarding Culture – the Portsmouth Compact
To access these please click here
Once you have completed these masterclasses you can download the relevant certificate from the list below:
- Certificate – Contacting MASH
- Certificate – Safeguarding Decision Making
- Certificate – Escalation & Re-think Masterclass
- Certificate – Developing a Safeguarding Culture
All masterclasses for DSLs are free of charge from May 2021 until further notice
For further information, to discuss your safeguarding training needs or to enquire about Inset and/or bespoke safeguarding training for your school please contact email@example.com