The Portsmouth Safeguarding Children’s Board (PSCB) brings together all the main organisations who work with children and families in Portsmouth, with the aim of ensuring that they work together effectively to keep children safe.
The core legislation underpinning the work of the PSCB is the Children Act 1989 and the Children Act 2004. The PSCB’s objectives, as set out in Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018, are to ensure:
- children are safeguarded and their welfare promoted
- partner organisations and agencies collaborate, share and co-own the vision for how to achieve improved outcomes for vulnerable children
- organisations and agencies challenge appropriately and hold one another to account effectively
- there is early identification and analysis of new safeguarding issues and emerging threats
- learning is promoted and embedded in a way that local services for children and families can become more reflective and implement changes to practice
- information is shared effectively to facilitate more accurate and timely decision making for children and families
For information about the work of the Board, our priorities and plans:
For information about how the Board works:
Click here for information about how the Board collects and uses personal information.