The Portsmouth Safeguarding Children Partnership (PSCP) is governed by and adheres to different policies and procedures, developed in accordance with the ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’ National Guidance.
The Hampshire, IOW, Portsmouth and Southampton (HIPS) procedures provide standards for agencies and a framework to promote children’s welfare and protect them from abuse and neglect.
As you click around this site you will see that we have done our best to ensure that relevant policies and procedures are all included on our main pages to make them easier for you to find and read, depending on what information you need.
If you need a copy of a policy or procedure and you cannot find it, please email PSCP@portsmouthcc.gov.uk
Most of the national guidance produced in relation to Safeguarding Children can be found here
Spotlight On Briefings
The HIPS group will be regularly producing summaries to help you keep up to date with new and amended safeguarding policies. Please take the time to read these, make note of any changes that have been made, familiarise yourself with the situations when the policy may be applicable and share with colleagues in your settings.
The most recent Spotlight On briefings can be found here:
- Spotlight On Community Partnership Information Form
- Spotlight On Bruising Protocol Partnership Updated
- Spotlight On Child and Family Engagement Guidance Partnership Updated
- Spotlight On Safeguarding Procedures 2018 Partnership Updated
- Spotlight On Case Transfer Protocol Partnership Updated
- Spotlight On Unborn Baby Protocol Partnership Updated
- Spotlight On MET Information Guide Partnership Updated