The Portsmouth Safeguarding Children Board and Portsmouth Children’s Trust are committed to promoting a restorative approach to working with children, young people and their families. Professionals in Portsmouth are challenged to implement a fundamental change to the relationship between themselves and families; from doing things to and for families to doing things with them.
Restorative techniques can be used to:
- support families to help themselves through a mixture of high support and high challenge
- involve children and families in plans and decisions needed to safeguard and promote the welfare of a child
Please see following documents for further information:
- One Minute Guide on Restorative Practice
- One Minute Guide for Child Protection Conferences
- Portsmouth Restorative Practice Strategy
For people working in schools, please see the Portsmouth Education Partnership.