Keeping Children Safe during Community Activities, After-School Clubs and Tuition
Portsmouth Safeguarding Children Partnership (PSCP) is providing FREE training which gives an overview of the new guidance issued by the Department for Education (October 2020) entitled Keeping Children Safe during Community Activities, After-School Clubs and Tuition.
Department for Education (DfE) has provided this non-statutory guidance which aims to:
- help providers of Out of School Settings (OOSS) understand best practice for creating a safe environment for children in their care
- give parents and carers confidence that their child is in a safe activity or learning environment.
- promote the message ‘Safeguarding, and promoting the welfare of children, is everyone’s responsibility’
Who is this guidance for?
The guidance is for organisations or individuals who provide community activities, tuition or after-school clubs for children, also known as out-of-school-settings (OOSS) providers, as well as their staff and volunteers.
Training sessions details:
Dates & Times:
- Monday 05/07/2021 11:00-12:30
- Tuesday 10/08/2021: 11.00 -12.30
- Wednesday 15/09/21 16:30-18:00
- Friday 19/11/2021 11:00-12:30
To book, email email@example.com and provide the following information when booking:
- Email address
Zoom details will be sent on confirmation of space and certification will be sent via email once attendance is confirmed following the training.
Full details regarding the FREE training can be found here
“Safeguarding” is defined for the purposes of this guidance as:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s mental and physical health or development ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action if you identify children to be at risk of harm