Toggle Contrast

Reporting a concern – member of the public

Reporting a concern – member of the public

If you are concerned about a child in Portsmouth, it is important that you talk to someone about this. Don’t ignore your concerns or delay taking action.

Please contact Portsmouth Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH), who will listen to your concerns and decide upon the appropriate course of action. The MASH is multi agency and brings together services such as from social care, education, health and police. The MASH aims to work together to offer the right help at the right time to families who need support.

During office hours call 0845 671 0271 or 023 9268 8793

Out of office hours call 0300 555 1373

If a child is at immediate risk of harm, call the Police on 999.

You can contact the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000 (free service, lines open 24 hours a day). They will listen to your concerns, offer advice and support and can take action on your behalf if a child is in danger. For further information or to report your concerns online visit the NSPCC website Keeping Children Safe page.

Concerns about staff working with children – If you have a concern about a member of staff working with children (in either a paid or voluntary capacity) please contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) at